Benefits of Mustard Oil
There are many ingredients in the Indian kitchen that can never be replaced. They are not only essential to prepare regional dishes, but their uses are many times greater and are beyond the boundaries of the Kitchen. Mustard oil is one of them that has so many qualities in it. In India, It is impossible to imagine life without a bottle of mustard oil at home. It is believed that mustard oil has miraculous properties, and that’s why it is used to treat colds, boost immunity, stimulate hair growth, and nourish the skin (especially for children in winter). Massage with mustard oil and its soaking properties provides Vitamin D supplements and strengthening bones of children, oral health, and so on. (Benefits of mustard oil)
Mustard oil is extracted from mustard seeds and it is reddish-brown. It has been mostly used in North and East India since ancient times and known for its miraculous properties on the human body.
The first Saturday of August is celebrated as National mustard oil day every year. Many elements found in this oil are very good for our body and it also acts as a painkiller that’s why it is considered as a medicine. So here I am going to tell you about some amazing benefits of mustard oil.
1. Mustard oil is recommended as it if full of monounsaturated fatty acids that are very necessary for our health. It is good for heart, glowing skin, and helps in increasing the length of hair and prevents premature graying of hair. There are so many benefits of Mustard oil.
2. Mustard oil contains calories, fats, carbohydrates, sugar, potassium, fiber, Vitamins A, B-12, C, D, magnesium, calcium, and iron. They are rich in antioxidants. They remove toxic substances from the body as well as increase immunity that helps the body to fight with diseases. (Benefits of mustard oil)
3. Since ancient times, Mustard oil has been used to relieve the cough, cold and other respiratory diseases and allergies. Steam containing mustard oil is used to clean the breath. Massaged with hot mustard oil containing garlic, few cloves, and a spoon of carom seeds reliefs from cold and cough. Mustard oil helps treat a person suffering from the sinus infection. (Benefits of mustard oil)
4. Mustard oil acts as a natural stimulant known to stimulate our sweat glands and thereby improving blood circulation. It helps to lower the body temperature and removes toxins from the body. It Improves blood circulation and because if this it relieves strained and overlapping muscles.
5. Mustard oil can also be used for cleaning or whitening the teeth. Mix a little drop of mustard oil with a little salt and few drops of lemon juice and rub it on teeth. It makes the teeth strong and shiny.
Benefits of Mustard Oil
6. Mustard oil may have cancer-fighting properties also. It is found that it contains linoleic acid which helps in treating cancer. (Benefits of mustard oil)
7. Mustard oil contains vitamin B complex such as riboflavin and niacin which helps in improving body metabolism and thus helps in regulating body weight.
8. Massaging the body with mustard oil can refresh the body and improve the performance of the organs. It can be achieved this by increasing blood circulation to all parts of the body. Mustard oil massage for a newborn baby is quite prevalent in many countries as massage using mustard oil improves physical strength and better health. This benefits of mustard oil is mostly seen in rural areas.
9. Mustard oil contains a large amount of omega 3 fatty acids. These acids have anti-inflammatory properties that help in relieving joint stiffness and pain associated with arthritis. Regularly massaging with a few drops of mustard oil on the whole body may help in relieving joint pains by increasing blood circulation throughout the body. (Benefits of mustard oil)
10. Mustard oil can also act as a natural mosquito repellant because of its pungent and strong smell. Apply a few drops of mustard oil on the body and drive mosquito away during sleep. (Benefits of mustard oil)
11. It is believed that massaging mustard oil on the face regularly cleanse the skin and may significantly reduce dark spots, tan and skin pigmentation. As we know mustard oil contains vitamin B-complex, and these vitamins may promote skin health. Mix mustard oil with coconut oil and apply it on your face and massage for 15 minutes and then wash it with face-wash every night. If you do it regularly, you can easily see the difference in your skin tone. It may reduce the sign of aging. Before going out in the daytime, apply few drops of mustard oil on the skin as it acts as sunscreen also as it contains Vitamin E which may protect your skin from harmful UV rays and toxins present in the environment. (Benefits of mustard oil on skin)
12. Mustard oil has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties which may help in fighting skin rashes, infections, and allergies. It may also prevent skin dryness and itching. (Benefits of mustard oil)
13. Mustard oil has also a good impact on hair growth. This oil prevents hair from premature graying and makes the hair shiny. (Benefits of mustard oil on hair)
In ancient times, the athletes of Indian before going to the gym, they apply mustard oil on their whole body because of its miraculous properties as it has a good result on our health. But remember one thing, Excess use of anything has an adverse effect. So Use it in proper quantity and see its result. You will get surprised by seeing this ingredient result on your body which is present mostly in all house’s kitchen. These are the benefits of mustard oil. I think this information is very useful for everyone.